The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. The blood that can be detected is termed gross hematuria. Blood in the urine can cause anxiety and can indicate serious disorder. Urinary blood visible under a microscope is called as microscopic hematuria and can be found when the doctor tests your urine.
Common and Possible Causes of Hematuria
- Urinary Tract Infection with microbes
- Nephrolithiasis known as stone in the kidney, bladder or ureter.
- Cancer of the kidney
- Vigorous exercise
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Certain Medications
- Enlargement of the Prostate Gland
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Bleeding Disorders (Conditions such as hemophilia and von Willebrand’s disease)
Signs and Symptoms of Hematuria
Blood in the urine is the only mark of an illness. In some cases, varieties of symptoms may be present such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent Urination
- Pain during Urination or Dysuria
- Pain in the flank or side
- Urinary Urgency
- Decreased Urinary Force
- Loss in Appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
How to Prevent Hematuria?
To avoid hematuria related to vigorous exercise, switch to a less-intense exercise. Hematuria can be prevented by following a lifestyle that fosters a healthy urinary tract.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water daily.
- Avoid smoking, which is linked to urinary tract cancers.
Home Remedies for Hematuria
There are numerous home remedies for hematuria which are simple and are quite safe to use with no risk of side effects. Some of the common home remedies for hematuria that are being used since a very long time and proven to be quite effective in many cases are the following:
- Cranberry Juice. Known to have antibiotic properties and avoids sticking of bacteria to the walls of the bladder.
- Spinach juice mixed with coconut water. Mixture can treat the infections in bladder by working as a diuretic.
- Pomegranate juice is very beneficial in curing hematuria.
- Mash pumpkin into a paste. Mix it with sugar cane juice and drink immediately.
- Take one glass of fresh coconut water with two teaspoons of fresh drumstick flower juice. It is getting rid of infection.
These are just some of the most effective and popular home remedies for hematuria. It is simple and cost effective way to use in curing hematuria.