Standard 1st Aid is one of the most popular basic 1st aid and CPR courses offered through the major providers of Canada. This course is the most comprehensive and longest of the basic first aid classes. Standard 1st aid comes standard with CPR level “C”, however, candidates can opt for a higher level of CPR with most training partners and providers. Automated external defibrillator (AED) training comes standard with this course.
Standard 1st Aid Course Content:
Candidates registered for this course will learn about a variety of 1st aid and CPR topics. Candidates will cover the following topics in a standard 1st aid, CPR, and AED course:
- CPR for adults, children, and infants.
- Conscious and unconscious obstructed airway victims (Choking).
- Respiratory emergencies include asthma, anaphylaxis, aspiration, and hyperventilation.
- Circulatory emergencies (includes heart attacks, angina, TIA’s, and strokes).
- Deadly bleeding.
- Internal bleeding.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Sprains and strains.
- Environmental emergencies include hypothermia, frostbite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and heat cramps.
- Head and Spinal injuries.
- Diabetic Emergencies (hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia)
- Embedded objects and punctures
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
St Mark James 1st Aid Certification:
When candidates complete this 1st aid course they will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years. Certificate meets government and legislative standards for basic 1st aid training for the workplace. A certificate is nationally accredited and valid throughout Canada. Re-certification courses are available for 1st standard first aid. However, not all providers offer standard first aid re-certs. St Mark James is the leader in re-certification training in its quantity and quality.
The length of standard first aid training is 14 to 20 hours depending on the provider, training partner, and ultimately course instructor.
The cost of this course varies depending on the provider, location, and training partner. Standard first aid, CPR, and AED course prices range from 125 to 185 dollars.
St Mark James Standard 1st Aid and CPR Registration:
To register for a standard first aid and CPR course select the course name from the side menu bar to be directed to our standard first aid locations page (or click here).