Learn the latest rescue skills and techniques and learn to manage almost any injury or medical emergency by registering for first aid training with Hamilton First Aid. This experienced provider offers the most competitive prices with professional and friendly teachers. Learn to manage emergencies such as dislocations, heart attacks, hypoglycemia, stroke, choking, poisoning and more by signing up for courses such as standard and emergency first aid. Basic and advanced courses are available. Participants can also register for workplace safety courses such as Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Hydrogen Sulfide safety training. Courses are available on-line and in private / public courses. This provider offers over 20 different courses and provides convenient registration methods including on-line, chat, email, in-person and telephone registration. Use the contact information below to register for CPR, AED, workplace safety, food handling and / or first aid training in Hamilton with this popular provider.
You can select your training course here. A complete list of classes and schedules can found on the Hamilton First Aid website (website details below). Customer service representatives are available from 7 am to 6 pm Monday through to Sunday.Click Here to Register for a Course in Hamilton, Ontario On-Line Now
- Visit the website at: www.firstaidcprhamilton.ca
- Contact this provider via email at: [email protected]
- Telephone Number: 1-888-870-7002
What Will I Learn in First Aid Training?
Participants that register for Ontario WSIB approved standard first aid (two day course) with Hamilton First Aid will learn about the following topics:
- How to stay safe during an emergency
- When to contact emergency medical services (911)
- How to use barrier devices
- The primary survey
- The secondary survey
- Transporting victims
- Safety assessments
- How to use the contents of a basic first aid kit
- How to check for responsiveness and vitals
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- How to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognize and manage breathing emergencies such as choking and asthma
- How to recognize and manage circulatory emergencies including angina and stroke
- How to manage wounds
- How to recognize and manage bone, joint, neck, head and muscular injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
What Courses Are Available in Ontario?
The following is a brief list of some of the many courses available with Hamilton First Aid:
- Ontario WSIB approved standard first aid
- Ontario WSIB approved emergency first aid
- Ontario WSIB approved childcare first aid
- CPR level ‘A’, ‘C’ or ‘HCP’ and AED
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- Fire Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- Marine First Aid
- Babysitting Training
- H2S Alive Courses
- H2S Awareness
- Private Infant CPR courses
Find out what course you need by using the contact information posted above.
Easy certification with St Mark James
Once a trainee completes a training course, he or she is awarded a St Mark James training certificate, valid for three years throughout Canada. Refresher courses are also available twice weekly for renewal of expiring certification.
Did You Know?
- For lay rescuers, checking the pulse is not done as a victim who collapses and is unresponsive is considered a victim of SCA and CPR should be started immediately
- A healthcare provider should not take more than 10 seconds in checking for a pulse before starting CPR
- For effective chest compressions, push hard and push fast.
- Compressions should have a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute.
- Compression depth should be at least 2 inches or 5 centimeters
- Always allow for full recoil of the chest after each compression to allow for the heart to fill before the next compression
- Compression: ventilation rate should be delivered at 30:2 for adults and 15:2 for infants
- Rescue breaths should be delivered over 1 second
- Give sufficient breath to produce a visible chest rise
Register for first aid education with Hamilton First Aid to ensure you obtain the finest quality classes at the most competitive costs.